Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Sprechen Sie Englisch?

Yes, the German language seems not to be sinking into this 1/2 native german brain. Maybe its the irish stubborness from my other genetic side that is refusing to be tainted. There has been "Learn conversational german in 7 days" for the travelling business person, I never did get past day two. Then the trusty Fodars, Lonely Planet and I do believe...a yellow cased familiar packaging of German for Dummies. I will be desperately clinging to my english to german phrasebook in restaurants refusing to be served sweetbreads disguised as bratwurst. I know that often the reply to asking for water is :vith or vithout gas? Carbonation seems to be a popular choice of the readily available wasser. And then there was the advice of never ask for bottled water? What is that about?
None-the-less, I know my first trip to Europe will be fantastic..even if I do take chances by throwing darts at menu's.
Guten Tag

1 comment:

Jack said...

Jack's brat shall eat no fat, so whatever that dart lands on lets hope its healthy..